Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Our little Angel

More and more I am beginning to realize what a blessing and a miracle our little Calista is in our lives. She brings us so much joy! She has a personality that is just bursting at the seems and no matter how sad you are, one look from her could heal just about anything!
We lost another pregnancy (14 weeks) on Monday and my dad gave me a blessing before I went into surgery. He blessed me that I would find strength in Calista -and I have so much! Lance has been out of town and as I have struggled with this I have found so much strength in the unconditional love of my little angel.
While I am still hating the idea of it all, I am thankful for the many ways the Lord has blessed me this week. I went in on Monday for my scheduled appointment to find out that my two sisters had appointments at the same time with the same doctor. I am grateful that their appointments went well and that they were there for me in a time when I very much needed them. They saw me through the appointment, ultrasound, surgery, took care of Calista and stayed with me for two days. With Lance being gone, I had to rely on my sisters and my mom in a way I never have before. I am so thankful for their service and selflessness.
I have been trying lately to find joy in the journey and not be so concerned with what comes next! Life can be hard and so sweet at the same time, but I find joy and comfort in the service of my friends, family, and ward members. Thank you.

16 comments:

andreamichelle said...

I'm sorry and saddened for your loss. You are lucky to have such a sweet little girl to brighten your days, Ethan is the same for me.

Robyn said...

Oh Bettie! I wish I had known. I was in Pocatello and I would have loved to help you out. If I can do anything from a distance- let me know. I am thinking of you and praying for your family.

A said...

Hey Bettie, I'm not sure if you know me or not but I know you for multiple reasons (high school, choir, college, Danny, Amy) and anyway I stumbled across your post and just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Your little girl is a doll and I love her name! Good luck with everything. Again, I'm so sorry.

Amanda said...

Oh my sweet Bettie! I am so sorry. I wish that I could be there with you. I am so sad that you have to go through this again. Calista is an Angel. It is funny how they they have such power over us to lighten a situation and they don't even know that they are doing it. I will be praying for you sweetie. I wish I could do more. I Love you three and I am so sorry.

Jenny said...

Bettie,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of you and your family always. Love you guys!

Danica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danica said...

Bettie,
I am so sorry. I am glad that your sisters were there for you. Calista is sure a sweetheart and loves you both. We will be praying for you. [Well I will, I am not sure what Nate prays about, probably for bigger deer or something... :0)j/k]

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Bettie,

I truly know of your pain and Calista really is an angel! You are so lucky to have her, Heavenly Father new that you could not do this without her. He has a plan and even though we may not feel that there is anything else in our lives we need or desperately want so bad he knows better. As I have struggled with this since Blake was one years old, I tried to be positive and upbeat but there are times when I am jealous of those who have babies, it is okay to hurt, never forget that! Your are a strong women and I think you are awesome. Let me know if I can do anything to help, love ya Tiff

Janee said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. You guys will be in our prayers. Sending you a virtual hug from AZ. We love you guys!

JordonandKeelie said...

Bettie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in our hearts and prayers. If you ever need to talk I am always here for you.
Keelie

Burke family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that can be a very difficult and emotional thing. I'm glad you are able to take comfort in your little precious girl.. and all of the other friends and family that are here for you.

Jenni said...

Calista is a cutie and I'm sure your next one will be just as cute. You are such a strong woman, you can handle anything. Especially because you have a knowledge of the gospel and the plan of salvation. You're family is in our prayers.

Coby said...

Bettie, I am soo truly sorry. Calista is really a little miracle. I am so glad you have her to buoy you up. I don't know what I would do if we didn't have Corbin. You are in our prayers. We love you so much.

The Six Moores said...

You are always in our prayers. We miss you and love you all so much. We can't wait to see you. Calista is so sweet!

Jenny said...

Oh Bettie, I am so sorry to hear that. Calista is about the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen and I can understand how she is your strength. Please know that our prayers are with you.

McGinnis Family said...

Bettie & Lance,

We are truly very sorry! We know your pain and feel terrible for you! We are praying hard for you and your sweet family! What a special blessing to receive! I'm so glad you have the support you do! I admire the attitude and outlook you have on things! AGain, we are so sorry for you loss! We will be thinking of you and praying for you!

Love,
Mike & Laura