Monday, August 11, 2008

Stripper Anyone?

One thing I have learned this month...
I hate STRIPPING paint!
This was our porch last month, ugly... dirty... yes! But had I known the work to reburbish it, I would have convinced myself that is was beautiful as is!
Your worst nightmare...
This stuff would eat through everything and burned like hell when it got through your gloves. Well it will eat through everything BUT 7 layers of PORCH PAINT!
Who paints porches anyway?

After applying the STRIPPER, the paint bubbled up like it was just going to strip right off, but it was only teasing. Just like a STRIPPER to shed only one layer at a time!

After one coat...

Three coats and Four days later we gave up STIPPING and got out the sander.

Finally, the bare wood!

DISCLAIMER: Honestly, Lance did not do all the work; he just doesn't know how to take a picture. He spent his fair share of hours laying on the grass watching ME work. I promise...I have a witness!

Stain, varnish, sand, clean, varnish, sand, clean, varnish! Done!

10 comments:

andreamichelle said...

I've only stripped and stained one piece of furniture before, and it was pretty easy, so I feel bad for you that your deck was so hard. The finished porch looks beautiful, though. makes me envious and want a cute house with a cute porch.

Anonymous said...

WOW, you guys are troopers, looks great. We'll have to stop by sometime and check out all the hard work.

McGinnis Family said...

Oh my gosh! Your new porch is gorgeous! I can only imagine the hell you went through to get it there but it obviously paid off! Holy smokes! It looks fabulous!

Tiffany said...

BEEEautiful!!!! Are you for hire?? :) Are you guys coming Bear Lake in a couple weeks?

Zach said...

The finished product looks amazing. Nice work Lance.

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Zach...do you mean nice work BETTIE!

lots of love

Jenny said...

That looks so great! You guys do such good work!

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Bettie, I love your porch! I can not believe how different it looks! Good Job Guys! Hey and I wanted to say we enjoyed you guys at our party, you all are quite the competitive bunch!LOL! Hope to see you guys at the next one. Talk to you soon, Tiff

Janee said...

Wow! Looks like that hard work paid off! Beautiful!

Amanda said...

WOW! looks beautiful. It lookd like you guys have been as busy as we have!!! I am so impressed.