Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Mr Minidoka County Prosecuting Attorney


I am so proud of my husband. All the work paid off! and we have soooo many people to thank. We are having a get together at Doc's Pizza Friday night from 5:30-7:00pm. Come if you can so we can say thank you in person!


Election day made for a crazy day and night. While we were picking up signs Calista threw up- I think she gets car sick. We were by Lance's moms house so we ran her inside threw her in the tub, got the car seat cleaned out, and then she threw up some more. It was awesome- and great timing (that is in my sarcastic voice)! We finally got her taken care of and ran back into town.



The votes were to be counted at 9:30pm so we waited and of course the machine wasn't working right. So we waited some more- that was excruciating. Then at 10:30pm the first precinct was in. Lance was ahead by 22 votes. AHHHH. There are 11 precincts and the absentee ballots and they do one at a time. Each report comes out about 5 minutes after the previous one and each time Lance would inch ahead. I thought I would vomit each time I would see the lady stapling the precinct reports to hand out. It seemed kind of archaic and cruel. Finally at 11:30pm all votes were in. It was official- LANCE WON!

And just for the record McCain blew Obama out of the water in Minidoka County!

I forgot my camera, so I don't have a picture of the night of but you can't get them all, huh.

15 comments:

Tiffany Mock-Cook said...

Congrats you guys! We will miss you guys in the ward! Good luck Lance!
Bettie it was great getting to know you, keep in touch!

Margie said...

Congratulations Lance! glad all your hard work is paying off.

Janee said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats you guys! That's awesome!

Um, can I get a job? Lol...

andreamichelle said...

I'm excited for you! I feel bad for Calista that she got sick, it does seem like things like that happen at those kind of moments... :)

Zach said...

Nice job Lance. I am sure Ian is already planning on coming over to pick out his new office.

Coby said...

Congrats guys. We are so proud. Criminals of Minidoka beware.

Robyn said...

How exciting and deserved! I am sure Lance will do a great job. I can't believe you are headed to Rupert!! The things wives do for their husbands...Congratulations!

Kami said...

Congrats....I looked googled it and saw it on the News channel out there the next day. Looked like a very close race!! Too bad we couldn't vote out there!

Amanda said...

I am also excited for you guys. In more ways then one!!!

Burke family said...

Congratulations! Now you're off on a new adventure, huh? That's always exciting and a little scary at the same time. Good luck!

Natalie Service said...

I hear Rupert is the happenin' spot of Idaho these days so congrats! Great work - and good luck!

Holly said...

Yay! Congrats you guys!

Jenny said...

I am so happy for you guys! Let me know your new address!

McGinnis Family said...

CONGRATS!!! That's awesome!

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS LANCE!!!!