Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Calista WINS!

Lance got his first stitches, oh wait, he has never had stitches! He is indestructible!

Bettie got her first stitches when she was about 3. I was running down the hall to kiss my mom and dad goodbye. They were off to the temple, and I tripped head first into a green chair in our living room. Needless to say they did not go to the temple.

Calista got her first stitches, 3 of them, when she was 14 months on Saturday, April 12th. She was helping mom with the laundry and was climbing up and down the stairs. The next thing I knew she was at the bottom with blood all over her little face. I called for Lance; he was out in the yard cleaning out the pond. We rushed to the Immediate Care, where they took their dear sweet time, while our hearts were breaking for Calista. An hour later they finally started stitching!

Lance was holding her legs, I was holding her arms and tummy, the nurse was holding her head, and the Doc was stitching. It was quite the process. Lance has always had a hard time with needles, so I, the good wife, told him about 10 times not to look. I hate needles too, but with all of them that have been stuck in me in the last two years I am getting tuffer. I knew I could handle it. I watched the first stitch and the second stitch and then I passed out, bonked my head and fell to the floor.

We finally left almost two hours after arriving with a tired little girl, three stitches, a goose egg on my head, and a new embarrassed humbled Bettie!

She made through it all just fine.

We love to watch the squirls in the backyard through the kitchen window.

5 comments:

Burke family said...

Oh man! Don't you just hate watching them in pain... it breaks your heart not to just be able to make it all better! I'm glad everyone is doing okay now though. And stitches scars add character right?! I've got a few of my own!

Zach said...

Hey Bettie and Lance,

I got here through Ian and Natalie Service's blog. They are in our ward. It is nice to hear what you guys are up to. I hope the election goes well. Will you be moving to Rupert either way? Later.

Zach

Tiffany said...

Oh....sad! You are all TROOPERS! I would have past out too. I past out a blood drive while I was a nurse in training. I wasn't even giving blood...just watching. I changed my major at that point and decided to do business instead. :)
Calista is sooo cute! I just LOVE her!

Janee said...

Oh no poor baby! Look at those beautiful blue eyes! I would have had a heart attack if that happened to Maya!

Amanda said...

Oh no! I feel so bad for all of you that is a horriable experince. Andre had his first stiches when he was 10 months old. The strapped him down to the bead with this pampose thing. So we didn't have to hold him. I would of hated to hold him. Good luck in the next little bit with the stiches. Bettie I hope your head feels better too. Although it was a bad experince for you. It sure makes for a funny blog entry.